Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Social Confidence for Aspies - through infidelity?

PUA?

LTR?

Can anyone tell me what some of these terms mean? Well, it took me a few years to catch on but I finally got it. Sometime last Spring, I noticed that my AS boyfriend's e-mail was open. I leaned forward to take a glance and saw words like "Dating Tips" and "Seduction 101." I was hurt, but I didn't question it or him. At the time, we were in a mending stage in our relationship and I just didn't want to rock the boat.

Fast forward to present day. He still gets those emails. Now, don't get confused, I am not one of those women who snoop and inspect. My motto has always been "If you're looking, you WILL find something that you will not like." But this has sparked my attention a bit more. Why is my boyfriend looking up PUA (better known as Pick-up Artist) tips?? Apparently this LTR (long-term relationship) is not quite enough for him. [Note: These are all Pick-Up Artist terms I found on their websites).

I cried over it a little bit because any person would be hurt if they found their significant other was looking online for tips on meeting, dating and sexing other people.

Upon further research I found that this was a crazy, world wide workshop!!! I also found out another fact: Over 75% of the men posting in forums and following lunatics like Tyler Durden and whoever the hell else is teaching men how to be cheaters/liars/scoundrels are ASPIES!
www.PUATraining.com states:
99.9% of men are not like you. They will be the men that sleep with the average of 6 women in their life. They will be the 78% of people that are unsatisfied with their love lives. They think they need to work harder and make more money and the women will come later. Why later and not right NOW? 
The website goes on to persuade men to purchase a "boot camp" session to learn how to "game" women and gain social confidence that they have never had a chance to access.
You are different, you have made the first step to abundance and choice. You will stand out, and you will reap the benefits while they stay frustrated.
Don't freak out yet girls. There are some guys on these forums and sites claiming to already have girlfriends and think that this "training" will give them more confidence, power and control in the relationship.

'I personally don't buy it. I know that dating is hard for everyone, and even harder for a man with AS who is nothing but socially awkward but if you're already in a loving, satisfying relationship/friendship, WHY do you need attention from other women? What the hell is up with that?!?!

I need help, I'm not sure what to do here... He's great to me and we're best friends. Do I leave? Do I ask him about it?

Are any other NT girls with AS spouses going through something similar?

HELP!

2 comments:

  1. Thats pretty concerning if you ask me...Has your BF mentioned anything about this? Could it just be spam? It seems in the AS world there are two types with regaurds to cheating- those who would sooner die than cheat, they are so devoted and those who cheat habitually and see nothing wrong with it. While its possible your boyfriend is just looking for general tips to appeal to YOU more, I'd be on the lookout if I were you. Im assuming that a conversation about this wouldn't work with him? It probably wouldn't with my husband but maybe you should try that anyways... I'd also make sure you are being careful in case he IS cheating. I'm thinking mostly in terms of safety with sexual intimacy but also having an "exit strategy" in case things come to a head unexpectedly.

    Im really sorry. That totally sucks. I hope you can figure out whats going on and deal with it accordingly.

    ReplyDelete